We have exciting opportunities for a healthcare experienced Associate Electrical Engineer to join our firm, based in Bournemouth.
Working alongside our healthcare Team Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to our clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Why Work For Us?
You’ll collaborate with the industry’s best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You’ll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You’ll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
- You will be working primarily on healthcare projects with opportunity to also work on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office.
- You will act as a technical electrical lead on healthcare projects.
- Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
- Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
- Define and agree brief with Client
- Competently represents Hoare Lea at project meetings
- Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
- Host and chair internal project team meetings
- Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
- Actively leads self and identifies opportunities and providing support for career development of others
- Monitoring project expenditure and reporting to team leader
- Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
- Reporting cost and resource requirements to the team leader on a regular basis.
What We Are Looking For
- Proven recent Healthcare experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering and a thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as sustainability, intelligent buildings, fire engineering and acoustics in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Knowledge of typical healthcare procurement routes
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to depending on grade.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
- Private medical scheme
- Life Assurance
- Income protection
- Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
- Profit and performance related bonus
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Tax free childcare
- Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
- Season Ticket Loans
- Professional membership subscription
- Discounted BUPA health assessments
- Flexible working - We’re happy to discuss flexible working. There is no obligation to raise this at the application stage but if you wish to do so, you are welcome to. Flexible working will be part of the discussion at offer stage.
- Study Assistance
- Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
- Cycle to work scheme
- Travel & dental insurance
- Employee retail discounts
- Sabbatical Leave
- Gym discounts
- GAYE – Give as you Earn
- Gourmet society tasting cards
- Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact email@example.com
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria