Our client is an established, award-winning, professional multi-disciplinary engineering practice with a passion for excellence, innovation and environmental sustainability. Throughout every project, they use their construction and engineering experience and knowledge of their client's business to add value. Their multi-disciplinary teams work alongside clients and developers.
They are looking for a Senior Engineer to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the automotive, commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential with experience with steam and in clean/dry rooms is desirable.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Director/Associate Director, for the project management of medium to large scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector. This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of mechanical services elements, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
The candidate shall have experience across the breadth of mechanical building services such as:
- Foul Drainage Above Ground
- Hot and Cold Water
- Compressed Air
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) inc. ISO Clean/Dry Rooms
- Central Control/Building Management
Also, the candidate should be able to:
- Complete survey work and site inspections
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling
- Prepare drawn information
- Write technical specifications
- Write technical reports
- Identify and resolve problems early
- Exhibit active project risk management
- Peer review and check design information prepared by others
- Manage a project specific team of engineers
- Represent Rolton Group at meetings
- Maintain records and archives to company standards
- Manage their own workload to meet defined targets and deadlines
- Allocate and manage project specific workload of Graduates, Project Engineers and Admin staff
- Manage commercial aspects of projects they are working on including responsibility for management of project income and costs
- Manage client relationships on specific projects
- Look for additional opportunities within existing and new client relationships
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development
- Input and some responsibility for professional and personal development of team members, staff Performance and Development Reviews and mentoring of staff.
They are interested in hearing from established building services engineering candidates who have been working within building services and specifically building services consultancy with at least ten years post graduate 'hands on' design experience. The candidate should be a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with either the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) or the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) and possess a building services/architectural engineering degree and/or masters.
Accreditation via an appropriate Institution i.e. CIBSE under an Energy Assessor Scheme for the production and lodgement of non-domestic Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)'s for both new build and existing (refurbishment) buildings is desirable.
The candidate for this position will have a high level of computer literacy a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Autodesk Revit MEP, National Building Specification (NBS), Cymap and ideally EDSL Tas. The successful candidate will be a required to provide support to our other teams and/or offices from time to time.
The ability to operate as part of a wider project team within appropriate authority levels and to represent the company with confidence to a variety of clients and outside organisations is expected. The candidate will have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of one of our dynamic teams with a high attention to accuracy and detail.
A self-motivated person will have ample opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills, experience and to work with some of the world's greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors. You will be expected to contribute your ideas, add value, play your part and progress in a consultancy that is 'Engineering the Future' TM.
They offer an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer".