Fire Safety Engineer
Our client is a rapidly growing consultancy that are currently looking to add to their team. The team is currently around 20 strong based in central London. They work on a variety projects, but their core work is high end residential schemes. They are needing to employ the help of as an Fire Engineer to the team. The opportunity for progression here is exponential and they will really help you understand which direction you want to take your career.
Fire Engineer Responsibilities:
You will be expected to produced detailed fire strategy reports. Escape analysis (including assessment of travel distances, escape routes and exit widths/capacities; RSET calculations; development of emergency evacuation plans).
* Good Knowledge British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, as well as knowledge of changes to the Building Regulations and upcoming safety bills such as the New Fire Safety Bill and Building Safety Bill. \t
* You will be responsible for revieing designs
* Play a part in design team meetings
* Site inspections with initial supervision.
* Computational Fluid Dynamics modelling using programs such as FDS, Pyrosim and Smokeview. Zone modelling with progams such as CFast and B-Risk. \t
Fire Engineering Requirements:
* Good knowledge and understanding of all relevant parts of the building regulations and British Standards
* Degree in relevant field
* MFireE or IFE Level 5 Diploma in Fire Engineering Design
* Ideally working towards Chartership
* Minimum experience of 3 years.
If you're looking for a consultancy that truly values its Engineers and is constantly working to help them become the best Fire Engineers possible then get in touch with Kye Nessling on 01728 726 125 Kye @ ConradConsulting.co.uk