Mechanical Design Engineer - London (Client side role)
+ £50K + Car Allowance
+ 10% Annual Bonus
+ 7.5% Pension
+ Work from Home
+ 35-hour week
Security, variety, progression and a great work life balance.
Established over 100 years ago, this Fortune 500 company is one of the largest, global commercial property advisors and investors. With over 75,000 staff, they cover every aspect of property, and can honestly offer you a rewarding job for life.
They help clients achieve the true potential of their commercial property portfolios and uniquely, have every possible technical specialism under one roof, enabling them to deliver a truly integrated, turn key solution to their clients.
Following recent promotions, they are now looking for an Intermediate to Senior (i.e., they are happy to consider an Intermediate, an Engineer or a Senior) Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer for their inhouse MEP Design Team.
You'll get involved in projects from feasibility, through detail design, installation, commissioning and handover; ensuring you develop into a well-rounded and commercially aware engineer. You'll get involved in a range of new build, complex refurbishment or upgrade projects often working directly for the end user client, working on the client's behalf as part of the client team.
This is a real opportunity to accelerate your career progression, skills and knowledge and also develop a true understanding of the commercial drivers behind property ownership and development.
Although they are a large corporate firm, they have always considered their employees to be their greatest assets and almost 90% of all senior managers have been promoted internally.
They understand that a career is about more than just hard work. It's about achievement, rewards, job satisfaction and a work/life balance so they offer a 35-work week and the best benefits package in the industry.
Summary of the role:
· Concept and detailed Mechanical (HVAC) Design.
· Promoting the use of renewable / low energy technologies.
· Carrying out specialist surveys and forensic engineering activities on existing buildings to identify poorly performing plant, equipment or BMS.
· Supporting and assisting the energy team in identifying Energy Conservation Measures to improve energy efficiency/reduce the energy and carbon footprint.
· Production of technical reports.
· Overseeing and approve the witnessing and commission of new equipment (AHU, Heat Recovery Systems, Fan Coils., BMS, Chilled Beams, GSHP's etc)
· Working closely with the other specialists to understand plant replacement strategies.
· Taking full ownership of all your own projects, ensuring they remain technically sound and financially viable.
· Mentoring of a Graduate or Junior Engineer.
This is a chance to move away from a traditional design consultancy into more of a client-side role and work across a range of high profile commercial, retail and mixed use projects across the UK and Europe.