Senior Mechanical Engineer
Flexible working & relocation opportunities
Steensen Varming is recruiting for a senior mechanical engineer, in our Central London Studio. Offering flexible working opportunities, including consideration for part-time, hybrid working and flexible start and end times.
Steensen Varming offers the opportunity to be part of a fantastic, close knit and supportive team, with a passion for building services. Work on exciting projects in the UK and overseas, with potential opportunities to work in a number of our global studios.
Originally founded in Denmark in 1933 and today operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and USA, Steensen Varming provides the best of both worlds, operating along the principles of a small design studio, while maintaining a global presence. We work on a variety of projects, encompassing architectural and urban design, the private, corporate and public sectors, from modest upgrades to World Heritage Sites.
- Developing mechanical design strategies and proposals at all project stages
- Preparation of tender documentation and drawings
- Monitoring and reporting on contracts in progress on site
- Supporting our global approach through involvement in projects across our global studios.
- Diploma or degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or a related field.
- Chartered Engineer or working toward Chartered Engineer status.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a Building Services Engineer.
- Knowledge and understanding of mechanical engineering and building services
- Prior project experience in Commercial and Cultural/ Heritage sectors is highly desirable.
- Expertise in using Revit is preferred, but not essential.
- The ability to communicate effectively and actively lead in project meetings
- Offering career stability, alongside career growth.
- An ethos focused on Good People, Good Reasons and Good Work.
- Working within a small, close knit team, with a global presence.
- The ability to make a significant contribution to the achievement of completing quality projects, on budget, on time and with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
- Primarily based in a modern Scandinavian designed office in Soho, at the heart of central London, the role will involve working from home during lockdown restrictions.
- Steensen Varming supports a hybrid flexible future of work, in which office working may be supplemented with home based working opportunities, flexible start and end times and opportunities for part-time employment.
- Offering benefits, which include a wellbeing allowance, flexi-half days and 5% employer pension contributions.
- Financial assistance will be considered for candidates relocating to London from elsewhere in the UK.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and Covering letter by email to HRadvisor@steensenvarming.com by 23rd July 2021