Electrical Engineering Manager - HE Estates & Facilities - 44 days holiday + 21% pension + Excellent Benefits
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The University offers an unbeatable working environment and benefits package with options to suit everyone.
The Senior Electrical Engineer / Engineering Manager will oversee a small team of Electrical Engineers who will assist with the delivery of electrical maintenance, infrastructure and minor works install projects that are required to maintain the electrical assets across the campus to an agreed standard. You will provide excellent customer service to all users of the university to ensure the facilities are fit for use.
Your new role
Heading up a small Electrical Engineering department. The role will require you to deliver maintenance and small works install projects (up to £1million) from initial concept through to completion, carrying out; feasibility studies, condition surveys, design producing tender documents, procurement, appointing competent external contractors, management of internal / external operatives, budgeting and health & safety / compliance. You will work very closely with the in house Mechanical department and coordinate where appropriate.
You will delegate work to your team of Engineers and will also be responsible for developing their skills / qualifications and carrying out regular bi-annual appraisals.
What you'll need to succeed
- HND or Degree in Electrical Engineering / Building Services
- 18th Edition & relevant City & Guilds qualifications
- IOSH / NEBOSH qualification
- Previous experience of repair and maintenance in connection with electrical services.
- Electrical installation design on High and low voltage (HV/LV)
- Experience appointing external contractors through a framework
- Use of design software (AutoCAD, Amtech, Relux/Dialux)
- Excellent knowledge of electrical compliance / standards / legislation
- Previous experience of managing people
What you'll get in return
- £41,526 - £49,553
37.5 hour week
- 44 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 1 - 2 days remote working
- Death in service
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
- Opportunity to enrol in further education
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.