M&E Project Officer - Rolling contract - ASAP Start - Up to £25 per hour - Local Authority
Your new company
Hays Building Services is working with a Local Authority based in Lincolnshire, who are currently seeking an M&E Project Officer on a 3-month contract. This local authority offers a varied workload, with both Domestic and Commercial properties as part of their portfolio.
Your new role
You will assure the delivery of capital projects, electrical infrastructure upgrade and building services works on both the commercial & domestic properties. You will also manage individual projects from inception to completion, working closely with the supply chain to ensure works are carried out to the required standards, ensuring H&S requires are adhered to at all times.
- Contract Monitoring of the Mechanical and Electrical contract relating to the leisure centres, Public Buildings etc.
- Arrange monthly plan meetings with the Property Managers and arrange and monitor any works that are recommended
- Preparation of Capital Bids and the running of Capital Bid projects within Leisure, Arts Centres and any public building which requires it
- Running the Water Hygiene contract (Legionella) for general fund, arranging monthly inspections and arranging any rectification works
- Working as part of the operational team in relation to reactive and responsive works and arranging appropriate visits and monitoring of contractors.
- Assist in the process to compile, maintain and control the budgets relating to energy efficiency
- Negotiate directly with contractors regarding fuel prices for electricity, gas, water, and oil
What you'll need to succeed
- Contract and contractor management skills and knowledge of standard forms of contract used within the construction industry
- The ability to liaise and to work with both the contractor and client, demonstrating a hands-on approach.
- Knowledge of pricing levels for Mechanical & Electrical works
- Building Services qualifications - HND/HNC/Trades
- Previous experience within the mechanical and electrical maintenance trades in the Public Sector, including plumbing and heating.
What you'll get in return
- 3-month rolling contract
- £25 per hour + business mileage
- Flexible working + Working From Home - work phone & laptop provided
- Working hours are 37 per week with no overtime.
During your placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.