Civil Engineering Technician job in Newark. Salary is competitive depending on your level of experience.
Your new company
A global employer who has offices in nearly 130 countries across the globe and who employs over 5000 people, they continue to grow rapidly and offer a wide range of services to their clients. This company gives a complete and thorough service to all their customers which leads to a a high volume of repeat business. They are now looking to increase their workforce with a Highways Technician who is looking to develop their career.
Your new role
You will be involved with a range of projects including commercial, residential, industrial and infrastructure where you will produce, and assist in Civil and Structural Engineering design modelling and drawing in accordance with the project requirements. Your main duties will include:
- Supporting the Principal / Associate / Senior in the technical delivery of projects
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate
- Attending and contributing to project / client meetings and undertaking site inspections as required
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards
- Completing designs based on guidance from Line Manager, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role
- Civil and Structural Engineering design modelling and drawing
- Team document control and distribution
- Assisting in mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise as appropriate
- Working in a safe manner at all times and reports all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries
- Managing own continuous professional development and continually improving discipline knowledge and awareness
What you'll need to succeed
You have 2 years relevant post-Graduate experience either from a degree or HNC. You can demonstrate good computer skills in using Microsoft Office software and the ability to use technical software relevant to the design discipline. Your good verbal and written communication skills will be essential as will your organisational skills to manage own deadlines and competing priorities. You are a team player with a full UK driving license and the ability to travel.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
You will be provided with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. You will be encouraged to innovate, collaborate and build a meaningful career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.