Mechanical Design Engineer
Hours of Work:
Monday – Thursday, hours as contract of employment
Core hours 9.00am – 4.30pm
Friday core hours 9.00am – 3.00pm
Office opening hours 7.30am – 6.00pm
Place of Work:
Cheadle Office with site visits required to meet the needs of the business
The line manager for this role is the Associate Mechanical Engineer. However, this may change due to business expansion and associated restructuring
20 days per annum, plus Christmas Closure 23rd December – 2nd January.
Work Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work Scheme
Professional Fees paid (CIBSE/IET)
Regular CPD events
Investors in People Gold
You will be part of the Mechanical design team, your role will pace you as an essential point of contact within our highly client facing M&E Consultancy. You will design the Mechanical systems from the predetermined client brief coordinating with project design teams to meet the clients deliverables.
- Undertake the design of Mechanical Services either from a site survey or scheme report, drafting drawings, undertaking calculations using IES and production of specifications.
- Undertake mechanical surveys.
- Liaise with inhouse Electrical, Cad and Secretarial staff to enable the production process and meet the needs of the business.
- Operate ACad and BIM Systems. Undertake training in relation to REVIT MEP.
- Undertake condition assessments. Production of PPM Surveys and Reports.
- Tutor and mentor junior staff.
- Carry out project management duties including when acting as a lead consultant chairing meetings and the production of minutes.
- Undertake defects inspections and issue appropriate certification.
- Write and produce operation and maintenance manuals.
- Production of SBem and Sap Calculations.
- Attend to clients and other related professionals when attending meetings at ECS Consultants offices.
- Be part of the company values.
Our Clients and Projects:
- Local Authorities
- FTSE250 listed property investors
- National Project management Companies
- Local and international recognised Architects
- London projects and opportunities
- Offices / Education / Residential Warehousing & Industrial / Healthcare
- Positive, proactive, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent computer skills including, Excel Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Exhibit the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues (at all levels)
- Willing to take on responsibility from Day 1
- Travel required periodically
- Be a team player
- Minimum HNC Building Services Engineering.
- Hold a full UK Driving Licence and have a fully insured car available for use at all times.
- Minimum Five Years in a Building Services Consultancy environment at the same level as this post.