Associate Director Sustainability - Global Property Consultancy - London c.£70K + 20% Bonus + Pkg
Would you like to be in a position that will grant you direct access to clients, in a lead role in which you will advise clients and challenge their thinking, to achieve the highest levels of sustainability across the lifecycle of landmark building portfolios?
Working within a Property Consultancy would allow you to take ownership of your own client portfolio with direct access to the client, working as part of the client's consultancy team and acting as the client's representative on projects.
We are currently looking for an Associate Director Sustainability to work in a client-side opportunity that would represent a very sensible career move for numerous reasons, the most important benefit of joining a business such as this would be the scale and sheer volume of buildings you can effect from a sustainability perspective.
Rather than just designing or modelling a single building, you'll get to have a huge influence on a client's portfolio of buildings which in some cases can be 100's of buildings for one client. Providing you with an opportunity to make a huge environmental impact across large portfolios of buildings, rather than one or two buildings at a time.
This opportunity sits within one of the world's leading global Property Consultancies, a business that is absolutely committed to delivering NZC across their clients' portfolio. With approximately 40% of carbon emissions arising from property and environmental deadlines that are fast approaching, they recognises the urgent necessity to improve environmental performance of their large portfolios of existing buildings at both planning and asset level.
The team currently consists of 20+ Sustainability and Building Performance specialists working with clients to improve the environmental performance of their properties portfolios. Considering environmental compliance, resource use and social impact is an integral part of property management.
With 300 Planners developing new projects across the business, the Sustainability team has direct access to a huge array of projects and clients.
An award winning Sustainability team that works in close conjunction across a wider in-house green hub comprising additional service offerings including Energy Services, Technical Sustainability, ESG and Intelligent Buildings, making an overall Green Hub of over 70 consultants that are all focused on delivering award winning sustainability solutions.
Interacting within the group to assist clients by translating corporate sustainability requirements into implementable design solutions around ESG, Sustainability, Net Zero, Energy Efficiency, Building Performance, and Health and Wellbeing. Work closely with Building and Project Consultancy and Planning teams to deliver sustainable design advice and evaluation of measures for new development and existing buildings.
- Attend client meetings and provide strategic advice.
- Undertake analysis and prepare reports on net zero pathways and sustainable design.
- Remain abreast of policy and legislative drivers and disseminate knowledge internally, including active participation in research initiatives.
- Assist in developing and marketing the Energy and Sustainability Hub services.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Broad ranging energy and sustainability consultancy experience with a focus on developing implementable solutions.
- Solid foundation of building physics and sustainable design expertise.
- Experience in implementation of sustainable design measures covering passive design, energy efficiency and building services optimisation.
- Understanding of ESG, certification and corporate reporting mechanisms.
- Delivery experience of pre-planning energy and sustainability, including responding to local and national policy requirements.
- Expertise in use of Dynamic Thermal Modelling to evaluate operational energy, carbon and overheating / thermal comfort.
- Experience of Whole-Life Carbon assessment, including embodied carbon calculation and Circular Economy principles.
- Knowledge of Social Value and Health and Wellbeing.
If you think you fit the bill and this client side opportunity sounds appealing, please get in touch for more information.