Steensen Varming is a global Building Services Design Consultancy, with a vacancy in our Central London Studio. Offering flexible working opportunities, including consideration for part-time, hybrid working and flexible start and end times.
Steensen Varming offer the opportunity to be part of a fantastic, close knit and supportive team, with a passion for building services. Work on exciting projects in the UK and overseas, with potential opportunities to work in a number of our global studios. Originally founded in Denmark in 1933 and today operating in Europe, Asia, Australia and USA, Steensen Varming provides the best of both worlds, operating along the principles of a small design studio, while maintaining a global presence. We work on a variety of projects, encompassing architectural and urban design, the private, corporate and public sectors, from modest upgrades to World Heritage Sites.
Specifically, this role includes the following;
- Prepare, review and issue accurate MEP drawings/ models
- Develop designs from engineer’s sketches and other briefing information
- Preparation of BIM plans and project specific training documentation.
- Management and maintenance of project content and source any additional content as required.
- Coordinate and support BIM project data sets/workflow and project set up.
- Effective communication across-team support roles.
- Set up of linked models and coordination of models across disciplines.
- Daily model management administration and maintenance.
- Management of software licenses including the installation and implementation of BIM supporting software.
- Stay informed on other BIM related software and how they work with Revit.
- Development and implementation of parametric modelling capability and coding/script writing.
- Advise on the creation and maintenance of the BIM/Revit templates for all of our areas of operation.
- Train and support the usual activities of Revit users with BIM standards in the creation of the Revit models from all disciplines, engineers and BIM Operators.
- Expertise in using Revit, with the ability to provide technical support and mentoring, as required, to the project team.
- Diploma or degree in Engineering, Architecture or related field
- Advanced knowledge of Building Information Modelling.
- Experienced in Autodesk Revit, BIM360 & Navisworks
- Ability to communicate effectively and actively lead in projects meetings
- Contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
- Offering career stability, alongside career growth.
- An ethos focused on Good People, Good Reasons and Good Work.
- Working within a small, close knit team, with a global presence.
- The ability to contribute to the growth and focus of company goals, and placement in the industry.
- Primarily based in a modern Scandinavian designed office in Soho, at the heart of central London.
- Steensen Varming supports a hybrid flexible future of work, in which office working may be supplemented with home based working opportunities, flexible start and end times and opportunities for part-time employment.
- Offering benefits, which include a wellbeing benefits and 5% employer pension contributions.
- Financial assistance will be considered for candidates relocating to London from elsewhere in the UK.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, Covering letter and portfolio (if applicable) by email to HRadvisor@steensenvarming.com