Senior Planner up to £80,000 & Car
Your new company
My client, a leading civils service provider, is looking to take on a senior planner within their highways team.
Your new role
Your key responsibilities will be all aspects of planning, phasing, coordination and sequencing for our tenders and live projects, including the incorporation of design, procurement and pre-construction activities into a fully integrated, logic linked programme. On the successful tenders you will then work with the on-site delivery teams to take responsibility for development of realistic and robust construction programmes, regular progress updates, schedule monitoring and reporting.
What you'll need to succeed
* Knowledge of construction programme development and maintenance
* Strong experience of industry standard planning software; Primavera P6, TILOS or similar
* An ability to understand and demonstrate highways construction methodology
* Previous experience in development of tender programmes, based on works information and input provided by the supply chain, working alongside the bid team
* Competence in development of pre-construction programmes linked to the construction activities and taking into account design and procurement
* Experience in production of phasing plans and logistics diagrams to determine construction sequences from "first principles" with assistance from engineering/construction
* An ability to produce a clear and concise statements describing the programme strategy and construction methodology, including plant and labour requirements and schedules
* Knowledge of project time-location charts, resource histograms, and performance/production data analysis * Experience in liaison with site teams regarding input into programme development, collation of progress information and production of progress reporting an ability to highlight areas of concern and propose mitigation measures
* Thorough understanding of critical path planning and management of float * Knowledge of NEC contract principles * Organised and proactive attitude * Strong analytical and numeracy skills, particularly Excel
What you'll get in return
In return we offer an opportunity to work on some of the most exciting highways projects, in a fast-paced environment where each day brings new challenges as well as a competitive salary and benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.