Date posted: 23/07/2021
Closing date: 19 August, 2021 10:00 am
Hours per week: 35
Salary: £51,155 - £61,078
Location: North West
Employment type: Full Time
Contract type: 2 Year Fixed Term Contract
This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate individual to be at the heart of delivering the governments net zero agenda.
The Local Energy North West Hub is seeking to recruit a Building Decarbonisation Advisor who will shape and deliver a programme of support to organisations with large building estates. The Building Decarbonisation Advisor will rely on a strong understanding of energy solutions, heating services and renewable technologies to develop strategic plans, target opportunities and prepare robust investment cases.
The Local Energy North West Hub is a government programme to support public sector organisations to act in the community and work with businesses to make an impact. The energy hub team is embedded in organisations across the North West. This post is based within the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority.
• Support the delivery of public building decarbonisation projects across the North West of England.
• Support the energy hub to promote building decarbonisation to businesses.
• Develop a network of contacts in the supply chain for energy solutions, convening events to share knowledge.
• Share good practice and improve processes for prioritising measures as part of building decarbonisation plans.
• Develop and promote strategies to replace fossil fuel heating with low carbon alternatives.
• Support organisations to prepare applications to secure funding and finance, including Public Sector Decarbonisation Grant funds and funding from the UK Infrastructure Bank.
Skills & Experience required
• Proven Project Management capabilities.
• Experience of working with senior management and a range of stakeholders from either the public and private sectors and developing effective partnerships.
• Extensive Building Services / Mechanical Engineer / Sustainability Advisor / Energy Manager experience (or qualification) is highly desirable.
• Experience of subsidy mechanisms, applying for and or administering grant funding to support projects.
• Experience engaging with local government agencies and promoting policy and strategic objectives.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is growing a team of exceptional people to deliver our vision for an inclusive, globally competitive, sustainable city region. This is an exciting time for us, having successfully negotiated and secured a Devolution Agreement with Government, bringing a wealth of opportunities to the City Region.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in one of the most exciting programmes across the North West and to truly make a difference to the energy and climate agenda.
The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority is committed to having a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. To this end, we particularly welcome applicants from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Backgrounds as we are under-represented by people from these communities.
To apply, please download and complete the Application Form below and include it with your application
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
This information can be provided in alternative formats on request