Your new company
You will be joining an established consultancy who work with clients in the UK&I across the renewable energy and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators. Due to growth they are looking for a power systems engineer to join them in the manchester team.
Your new role
You will be responsible for several projects at any one time
working as an integral part of the wider electrical team. You will liaise directly with clients,
contractors, operators and suppliers as necessary. You will be proactive, able to challenge the status
quo as necessary and be looking for a role that will test your skills and abilities
What you'll need to succeed
* 2.1 degree in power systems engineering
* ideally a Chartered Engineer;
* relevant experience post-qualification in power engineering and analysis within a consultancy,
industrial, utility or equipment manufacturer organisation.
* deep understanding of power systems and their design, analysis of transients, load flow,
harmonics and stability;
* competent in the use of modelling software such as Power Factory or PSCAD ;
* the undertaking of power systems studies and detailed electrical design reviews;
* strong and concise communication skills, both verbal and written;
* effective time management skills;
* the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues;
* clean full driving licence
* able to work as part of a project team and also autonomously, as required
What you'll get in return
A package to include negotiable basic salary, car allowance, pension, private medical, life
assurance, company bonus scheme, laptop PC and mobile phone.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.