Your new company
A global multi-disciplinary firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists who work on a large variety of revolutionary projects in a wide range of sectors in the UK and internationally. This includes laboratories, hospitals and healthcare facilities, data centres, specific energy and commercial projects, educational and custodial projects. This Belfast Engineering Team are expanding and are currently seeking to appoint a Principal Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Your new role
Based in Belfast, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Principal Electrical Engineer to be a key part of the Building Services Engineering team; managing multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other Electrical Engineers, taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion to achieve outstanding results.
- Undertaking electrical design elements for projects of varying scales.
- Working closely with Architects/Clients and other design engineers
- Managing the production of drawings. Preparing and co-ordinating electrical reports and specifications
- Supervising and co-ordinating the work of others and co-ordinating work with engineers of other disciplines
- Attending meetings and communicating with clients to establish their needs
- Managing a project team to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and within budget
- Providing technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or similar, chartered with extensive experience in the field of Building Services Engineering, with a heavy focus on expert use of analysis software and digital design tools in the built environment. You should be competent with excellent modelling, design, technical, and software skills who enjoys working collaboratively in multi-professional design teams. IES/TAS and Revit experience would be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
This organisation is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy practices, working for a practice of this scale offers a vast variety of career options and the chance to be involved in some of the most complex construction projects as well as landmark developments.
They offer a highly competitive salary which is negotiable based on experience and one of the best benefits packages in their sector including a profit share scheme, UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Flexible working options including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.