Junior Building Services (HVAC and Sustainability / Building Physics) Engineer - £Neg
Diversity, Autonomy, Interesting Projects, and Quick Progression.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Sustainable Design, you'll be trained so that you can assist with IES Modelling (For Building Performance Engineering and EPC's / Building Compliance) Sustainability Statements, HVAC Design and Energy Strategies.
As a Junior Building Services Engineer, you'll become a key part of this 40 strong, multi-disciplinary consultancy that offers MEP Design, BIM, Architecture, Interior Design and Sustainability.
As a medium sized practice, they have always trained their staff to develop a good awareness of other disciplines, so you certainly won't get stuck just doing HVAC Design or Sustainability.
Rather than having to specialise in just one sector such as Residential, Commercial Offices, Hospitals, Hotels or Schools; here you'll get involved ion a bit of everything. You'll get to work with all sorts of different clients from developers, project managers, contractors, and end user clients; however, the common theme is that you'll get to see projects through from feasibility, through construction to Post Occupancy Evaluations.
You will be given a lot of freedom, flexibility and autonomy and the opportunity of leading you own smaller projects, however, don't worry support is always there when you need it.
You'll enjoy working in a social and friendly environment and collaborate with the inhouse architects and sustainability engineers and design outstanding low or zero carbon buildings and spaces.
- 37.5 hours a week and flexible hours.
- 25 days leave
- Discretionary annual bonus (which has paid out every year for the past decade)
- Annual performance review and increase.
- A fun relaxed and professional working environment.
- Job security as most of the work they win is from repeat clients or recommendations.
- Degree qualified with at least one years' experience working as a Junior or Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Able to use IES and either Hevacomp or Revit MEP.
- Willing to work in their Central London Studio two to three days a week.