Your new company
Our client is a multi-discipline building services engineering practice that provides a strategic and innovative approach to delivering engineering and management consultancy services for its clients. They are excited to be launching their fourth office right in the heart of Belfast and are seeking to recruit an Associate Electrical Engineer to join their team.
Delivering large scale residential/mixed use and industrial projects services throughout the UK&I, their raft of engineering and management consultancy services are in demand with some of the world's biggest brands.
Your new role
You will work on a range of large-scale projects predominantly across the Institutional Residential and Industrial sectors in the UK and EU. This is a critical project and technical leadership role which will see you managing a small team of engineers and technicians and driving outstanding commercial engineering and sustainability outcomes on a range of high value projects.
Whilst the role will be extremely varied, typical responsibilities could include:
- Preparing fee bids and presentations for new work.
- Communicating directly with customers, project teams and outsourced delivery teams.
- Develop relationships with new and existing customers.
- Lead the electrical discipline on projects or as project leader, taking ownership for project deliverables.
- Managing the day-to-day workload of engineers and technicians.
- Prepare technical calculations, reports, designs, drawings and specifications.
- Monitor the financial performance of projects as well as setting up and managing administrative systems, project resource planning, expenditure and WIP management.
- Undertake project technical/quality reviews and attend design reviews/team meetings as needed for the smooth operation of the project(s).
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a strong technical core competence and background in project delivery. In addition, you will have a broad understanding of the principles of building services and other related building design disciplines.
- Experienced at an Electrical Associate level.
- Experience leading and developing senior and more junior engineers.
- Comfortable in a client-facing role and willing to contribute to business development activities.
- Experience leading teams on large-scale and often complex projects.
- Experience in the delivery of all phases of a project from inception to completion, but specifically design and quality control focused and dealing directly with the customer and project teams.
- Experience and awareness of major digital engineering tools, such as CAD/Revit, IES, Hevacomp and Amtech. You will also have experience of delivering projects in a BIM environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, listening, and presenting)
- Chartered Engineer.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering/Building Services.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established UK consultancy new to Belfast, where you will receive a highly competitive salary (above industry standard) along with fantastic benefits which can rival some of the market leaders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.