Our client is a standalone Fire Engineering Consultancy based in London with offices in the south. They are currently looking for a CFD Engineer to work on some of their most high-profile projects from their London office. You will join an office of 15 Fire Engineers of varying levels. They actively develop their engineers and are constantly pushing them to become the best engineers they can be.
Principal Duties & Main Activities:Working to the highest standards of professional probity and accuracy on fire engineering projects in accordance with the Building Regulations, Approved Documents, and fire engineering professional standards.Reporting to the Technical Director and working closely with the CFD Engineer whilst liaising with colleagues on all aspects of your work including technical, administrative, and management issues.Representing the Company at all times in a manner to bring credit, high reputation, integrity, and honesty in its dealings with all its contacts.Working within the Company management systems including quality assurance, health, and safety, induction requirements, and policies.Undertaking and applying knowledge from training programmes including technical and administrative procedures, use of computer systems, etc.Communicating by meetings and correspondence with other project team members including:
Efficiently and competently undertaking and providing fire engineering services and associated services on a timely basis including:
- Preparation and issue of all models, reports, design calculations, and specification documentation.
- Assessing information, plans, and reports.
- Undertaking site inspections to advise and ensure compliance with fire safety aspects of Building Regulations as applicable to the modeling work undertaken.
- Assist the flow of information within the design team and to the approving authorities with respect to project works.
- Maintaining accurate and comprehensive written records of all actions, agreements, and site visits.
7.6 Keeping the Technical Directors or other delegated persons informed and discussing with them any matters that could be controversial or about which you would welcome a second opinion.Ensuring work is undertaken efficiently and managed within agreed resources to achieve profitable financial contributions to the business.Contributing to the corporate business development of the Company, and the Company's systems of work, seeking quality management and efficient working to the highest standards within the industry.Contributing to and supporting the required office culture, conduct and discipline to encourage enjoyable, productive, and efficient working of all personnel.Seeking success for the company, contributing and supporting the company Vision and Values for future growth to the benefit of all stakeholders.Fostering sound working relationships with the team, other employees and contacts.Any other duties consistent with the job description that may be required from time to time.
- Fire engineering, numerical modelling, or a similar degree.
- Possession of a valid driving license.
- All round, up-to-date knowledge of computational fluid dynamics and basic knowledge of the Building Regulations and other relevant legislation.
If you're looking for your next role as a CFD Engineer then get in touch with Kye Nessling on 01728 726 125 - Kye @ Conradconsulting.co.uk