Senior Electrical Engineer - Devon - £40K to £50K
I'm looking for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer for a Building Services Consultancy based in Devon.
This role would suit an Intermediate to Senior level Electrical Engineer who is looking to progress their career and enjoy an increased level of responsibility and autonomy.
Reporting to the Electrical Director, you'll be given a lot of freedom and autonomy to design, manage and deliver your own projects from feasibility to handover.
You'll enjoy a lot of variety and freedom to lead a range of defence (MoD / DIO) Healthcare, Commercial and Listed projects.
They have a full order book for the next six months and are in a very fortunate position of being able to cherry pick what architects and clients they work with; and what projects they take on.
As a key member of the practice, you'll enjoy working with them and have a say into the future development and direction of the firm, rather than just working for them.
- Carry out site inspections and attend meetings with clients, project teams and contractors.
- Produce innovative electrical engineering design deliverables including calculations, drawings, models, specifications, schedules and reports.
- Design of LV Power Distribution, Lighting, IT and Communications Infrastructure, Fire Detection and Alarm, Security and Access Control, Earthing, Bonding and EMC, UPS and Generators.
- Using Amtech, Dialux, Relux or Revit.
- Work as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team to deliver a range of both new build and refurbishment, public and private sector projects.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationship with clients, stakeholders, and sub-consultants.
- Take ownership of multiple projects use your own initiative to progress designs and drive projects forward.
- Prioritise and manage your own workload.
- Mentor junior engineers and technicians and share technical knowledge and experience.
- Ensure the team is following relevant standards, regulations, CIBSE guides, and industry best practices.
- Maintain a keen interest in sustainable and low carbon building design.
- A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and a commitment to
- Maintain a current register of CPD.
- 23 days leave
- 4% pension
- Payment of Professional Memberships
- Flexible working hours and option of working from home up to three days a week
- Ongoing CPD
- Free parking
- Profit share / equity once you become an Associate.