Director of Sustainability
Manchester, United Kingdom
£80,000 - £90,000 per annum (Permanent)
Are you an Associate or Associate Director level Sustainability Consultant looking for more responsibility? Are you struggling to have the opportunity to work to your full potential?
Our client is a growing Building Services Consultancy, who operate at only the highest quality of work due to their already established reputation they are now looking for a passionate and driven individual that can maintain and propel their current sustainability team to even higher levels of success.
You will need to be a confident and determined, personable character that is willing to take the time to mentor junior members of staff to ensure the next generation of talent continues the companies quality of standards. You will be a key factor in integrating Sustainability into their MEP designs. The company is well established and highly regarded considering the company has only been running since the early 2000s, the MEP division is very strong but they have seen the need to elevate the integral Sustainability team to ensure their dedication to our environment. They have a diverse project portfolio, working on commercial and hotel projects, to more niche mission-critical schemes. They want someone with real passion that can act as an authority on projects and create a new workstream for them.
The successful Sustainability Director will be used to lead teams to carry out building performance simulations and energy-related workstreams, using a range of modeling approaches, tools, and techniques, ideally with some sort of exposure to Passivhaus. You will have held positions where you have been involved with the development of junior members of staff. You will play a part in the development of energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of development types/ sectors. You will ideally have experience with business development and be able to manage stakeholders accordingly.
Your key workstreams will be.
* Acting as the Sustainability Lead on project design
* Experience and understanding of NZC design, renewable energy, dynamic thermal modeling, and energy modeling
* Experience and understanding of embedded carbon and all things carbon-related
* Providing appropriate low carbon material and procurement solutions to lower the embodied carbon of a project
* Knowledge of the UKGBC Net Zero and RICS Embodied Carbon guidance methodology for embodied carbon and
* experience in delivering results against the BREEAM standards.
* Understanding of building certification methods (BREAM) (LEED) (WELL)
* Knowledge of the Green House Gas emissions reporting
* An understanding of renewable energy
* Knowledge of dynamic thermal modeling for buildings
* Managing workload and meeting project deadlines
* Report writing experience and communication skills for clients and internal teams
* Appropriate technical design experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience with liaising with clients and Architects is essential
* MSc in relevant field
* 7 years in a similar position within a consultancy
* Knowledge of parametric design
* Knowledge of energy and carbon strategies
* Knowledge of building regulations Part L assessments
* Ideally CEng or CEnv
* Advantageous if you have a working knowledge of Revit
* Ideally accredited Passive Haus Designer
If you have experience managing a team of Sustainability Consultants and delivering projects whilst simultaneously cross-selling products and you are interested in helping with the further success of the Consultancy then get in touch via