£75,000 - £80,000 per annum (Permanent)
City of London
Associate Director of Sustainability
Are you A Senior Sustainability Consultant looking for more responsibility? Are you struggling to see the progression route in your current position? Our client is a growing Building Services Consultancy looking for someone that can help manage and grow their current sustainability team. You will need to be a confident and outgoing, personable character that is willing to take the time to mentor more junior members of staff. You will help integrate Sustainability into their MEP designs. The company are well established and has been running for over 40 years, the MEP is very strong but they have seen the need to bolster the Sustainability team. They have a diverse project portfolio, working on commercial and hotel projects, to more niche mission-critical schemes. They want someone with real passion that can act as an authority on projects and create a new workstream for them.
The successful Sustainability Lead will be used to leading teams to carry out building performance simulation and energy-related workstreams, using a range of modelling approaches, tools, and techniques, ideally with some sort of exposure to Passivhaus. You will have held positions where you have been involved with the development of more junior members of staff. You will play a part in the development of energy strategies with our clients to lead sustainability innovation on a series of development types/ sectors. You will ideally have experience with business development and be able to manage stakeholders accordingly.
Your key workstreams will be.
* Acting as the Sustainability Lead on project design
* Experience and understanding of NZC design, renewable energy, dynamic thermal modelling, and energy modelling
* Experience and understanding of embedded carbon and all things carbon-related
* Providing appropriate low carbon material and procurement solutions to lower the embodied carbon of a project
* Knowledge of the UKGBC Net Zero and RICS Embodied Carbon guidance methodology for embodied carbon and
* experience of delivering results against the BREEAM standards.
* Understanding of building certification methods (BREAM) (LEED) (WELL)
* Knowledge of the Green House Gas emissions reporting
* An understanding of renewable energy
* Knowledge of dynamic thermal modeling for buildings
* Managing workload and meeting project deadlines
* Report writing experience and communication skills for clients and internal teams
* Appropriate technical design experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Experience with liaising with clients and Architects is essential
* Msc in relevant field
* 7 years in a similar position within a consultancy
* Knowledge of parametric design
* Knowledge of energy and carbon strategies
* Knowledge of building regulations Part L assessments
* Ideally CEng or CEnv
* Advantageous if you have a working knowledge of Revit
* Ideally accredited Passive Haus Designer
If you have experience managing a team of Sustainability Consultants and delivering projects whilst simultaneously cross-selling products and you think you may be interested in helping develop a new department for a Consultancy then get in touch with Kye Nessling now on 01728 726 125 Kye @ Conradconsulting.co.uk