Our client is an independent multi-disciplinary consultancy providing engineering services for the built environment. They are working on a variety of large-scale projects in a number of sectors including hotels & leisure, commercial, education, fitout, healthcare, infrastructure, residential, and retail. As a result of growth, they are looking for an Associate Mechanical Engineer in their offices in Dubai.
As an Associate you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed. You should have c10 years' experience in the relevant field, leading the design within hospitality, retail or healthcare. You will be an ambassador for the company, representing them at project interviews/meetings, taking part in the marketing practice generally.
The role is instrumental in helping to continue to grow and develop a team of technically competent engineers within this high performing sector, as well as seeking new opportunities to develop the business.
Responsible for managing all aspects of a portfolio of jobs as Project Manager in conjunction with a project director or Associate Director on major/complex projects could take the role of Project Engineer.
Core responsibilities include:
Support the Mechanical Technical Director in reviewing, monitoring and improving the technical
output of the team with involvement in:
- Business Awareness
- Problem Solving Team.
- Working Building Relationships.
- Developing Self & Others.
- Persuading and influencing.
- Communicating and presenting.
- Delivering Results.
- Improving Performance.
- Training and developing.
- Managing day to day work.
- Team profitability.
- Resource planning and management.
- Applying policies relating to health & safety, quality and training.
- Undertake six monthly performance reviews for their team.
- Understand our business plan, mission statement and key challenges.
- Ability to manage team of 12/15.
Other responsibilities include:
Contribute to the strategic direction of the business and play a key role in the development of the company procedures and by an active role in task groups.
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Conduct option studies and prepare technical notes.
- Review and comment on deliverables produced by the team on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates all round technical competence.
- Have a good knowledge of concept design, buildability, detailed design, construction techniques, procurement routes, risk assessment and claim assessment.
- Prepare drawings, calculations & models.
- Review documents prepared by subordinates.
- Have a detailed knowledge of analytical concepts.
- Have a detailed knowledge of our delivery in CAD standards and 3D working.
- Set an example to all staff by demonstrating compliance with the company's procedures and policies and operate within the company controls.
If you feel you are suitable for the position please get in touch.