Structural Technician job in Nottingham. Experience of both CAD and Revit required. Great salary and benefits
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary consultancy whose core service as a partnership is concentrated around their structural engineering services. Developing structures covering many forms including steel work and concrete frames, masonry and timber structures. Projects are varied and come from a range of sectors including education, retail, historical & listed buildings, commercial, residential, industrial and defence.
Your new role
You will assist in the delivery of design projects by the production of design and detail drawings and documentation. Your main duties will include:
- Production of accurate and detailed drawings utilising relevant computer software - AutoCAD and Revit.
- Production of specifications, schedules and other documentation
- Control and distribution of documentation
- Assist others in the collation of project status and other reports.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
- Provide support and mentoring to other staff members including Junior Technicians.
- Make short term visits to sites in the UK to support project and proposals needs for client liaison, site surveys, construction supervision, etc.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Adherence with relevant legislation and industry design standards including British Standards and Eurocodes as required.
What you'll need to succeed
You possess excellent construction knowledge with a strong appreciation of structural elements including reinforced concrete. You are confident in detailing in common build materials - concrete/reinforced concrete, steel, timber and masonry. You can demonstrate detailed knowledge of industry technical and design standards and you have substantial experience of producing engineering drawings. Your ability to assist in the production of clear and concise technical information, reports and specifications will be essential. Obviously, your proficiency in the use of CAD and Revit is a must.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package. You will be working within a small team so will have the opportunity to make a positive impact early on and take your career to the next stage fairly quickly. Your skills will be welcomed and you will be rewarded for a job well done. This job will offer you a challenge immediately and continue to keep you motivated for as long as you need.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.