Sustainability / Building Physics Engineer - To £45K
Why stay in a role where you are pigeon holed doing just Building Physics or Sustainability or Life Cycle Assessments; when you can do all three? Reporting to the Director of Environmental Design you'll take a lead role for their sustainability consulting services from the feasibility, through design and finally during the construction phases.
You'll undertake assessments for sustainable building certifications including BREEAM, Well or LEED and also carrying out Building Performance modelling and simulation using IES Virtual Environment.
You'll work with clients and develop bespoke sustainability strategies to ensure their developments achieve planning requirements and their overall sustainability goals are achieved.
- Early-stage energy and daylighting analysis.
- Carrying out overheating analysis in line with BB101, CIBSE Guide A, TM52 and TM59 criteria.
- Producing heat loss / heat gain calculations.
- Carrying out energy assessments and LZC feasibility studies.
- Predicted energy assessments | CIBSE TM54.
- Predicting and measuring embodied and whole-life carbon in buildings.
- Monitoring the carbon through the design and construction stages and suggesting solutions to minimise or offset carbon.
- Advising clients on how to achieve the required credits to meet BREEAM UK New Construction (Non-domestic buildings) requirements.