A global FM company, Belfast based with WFH, £25k-£35k depending on experience.
Your new company
Hays Northern Ireland are delighted to be working with a global Facilities Management provider to source a CAD / CAFM Specialist for their Belfast team to play an instrumental role in the delivery of projects and planned maintenance works across the entire estate of a large public sector organisation.
Your new role
This is a permanent job based in Belfast working a hybrid office/home set up. You will be a core member of the Asset Management Team responsible for creating and implementing space, facility management/project requirements and solutions within client site locations and potential locations.
The main activities for this role include:
- Preparing drawings, diagrams, and documents using CAD software (AutoCAD). This includes developing CAD files from site visits, notes, sketches, fire plans, technical guides, occupancy information and pdf files.
- Attend site to meet with key stakeholders to obtain and develop project briefs
- Attend site to undertake building surveys to complete Concept drawings and/or to ensure drawings are an accurate representation of those buildings
- Develop project-level and portfolio-level solutions based on interpretation of the customer requirements - following collaboration with the customer through site visits, meetings, by email and over the phone. Prepare multiple options and recommendations.
- You will maintain accurate drawing information and registers for all of the client's buildings. The drawings will provide an accurate representation of structure, furniture, Space Type, Sub Space types, purpose and asset locations using both CAD and other relevant systems.
- You will ensure CAD files are properly maintained, updated stored in line with data protection for each project including as-built plans for completed construction projects
- Consider future systems for implementation to support, such as FOCUS, CAFM and CADM systems.
- Produce space analysis and feedback to enable refinement of space standards and design guidance.
What you'll need to succeed
To be eligible for this role you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Degree in CAD design OR an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of CAD software, quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Good working knowledge of automated Asset Management/CAFM/CADM systems
- Experience in Facility Management or construction industry.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and general health and safety regulations.
- Excellent knowledge/experience of space planning, knowledge of and ability to apply associated legislation in the space planning field and a good understanding of building construction and fitting out.
- Full Driving licence
What you'll get in return
This is a superb opportunity to join a globally recognised organisation within the Facilities and Estate Management industry, which will present many career progression opportunities along with ongoing mentoring and training from a highly skilled and experienced team of construction and property professionals.
Salary range £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
A wide range of company benefits via their flexible benefits fund along with good annual leave entitlement and a structured training program.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.