Bridge Inspection Engineer job covering the Midlands. Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
Your new company
A leading Structures Inspection and Investigation Consultancy, and an Infrastructure Services Contractor. Specialising in difficult access, as a Tier 1 supplier, they provide peace of mind for their clients, carrying out condition appraisals of their assets and completing minor civils works including structures maintenance and repair services to keep critical infrastructure safe. Due to a number of significant awards, they are seeking to employ an experienced Inspection Engineer to join the Engineering Division working on completing inspections for assessment of structures as part of the CAFA Framework.
Your new role
You will work alongside the Project Manager and the Rail Planning team to effectively plan and resource all Inspections for Assessment. You will lead the mobilisation and delivery of all works on site including the coordination of plant/supply chain etc. Where appointed as Lead Inspector for a site, you are to be accountable for ensuring that all data collected from site including condition and dimensional survey data as well as rail level surveys. Your main duties will include:
- Lead with the planning and execution of Inspection for Assessment tasks ensuring that all aspects of work, including the Bridge Assessment requirements, are thoroughly considered prior to and during site activities
- Inspect structures thoroughly and systematically in accordance with relevant Network Rail Standards for Structures Examinations (CIV006) and Bridge Assessments (CIV025 and CIV035)
- Where competent, manage all trackside and specialist access operations, acting as Person in Charge of work, in addition to leading inspection teams on site
- Work cohesively and collaboratively with the engineering team and their partners, clients and supply chain
- Always promote safe working practices and support the development of junior members of staff in both technical and safety competencies
- Provide clear, unambiguous, and precise Inspection for Assessment reports with due regard for the final Bridge Assessment output.
- Be accountable for the work undertaken by demonstrating professional 'ownership
What you'll need to succeed
You hold a Level 4 Qualification in a related subject (Engineering/Materials etc.), or Structures Examiners Course with valid STE4 competency and, ideally, a Level 6+ Qualification in a related subject (Engineering etc.) You are also, ideally a Graduate Member of ICE. You can demonstrate a strong understanding of materials and structural behaviours and you have extensive experience of working in a team environment. Your excellent organisational skills and your motivation and professionalism will be essential. You have a high level of physical fitness and 2 to 3 years of working within the engineering/construction industry, preferably in rail structures inspections. You also have excellent time management skills, ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package including a pension scheme, Private Medical insurance and a generous holiday entitlement. Excellent continuous training will also be provided such as Structures Examinations Training including Inspection for Assessment module (STE4 + IfA), Industrial Rope Access (IRATA) and Confined Space Entry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.