A trusted independent advisory firm seek Senior Building and Fire Surveyors to partner some of the best fire safety professionals in the industry.
This highly regarded practice proudly considers themselves as guardians of fire safety, ensuring traceability of decision making and a golden thread of information, all the way from concept, through design, construction and handover, to occupation.
- Conduct RIBA Stage 5 site visits, cladding remedial work projects, EWS1 appointments and condition surveys for residential and commercial buildings.
- Identifying and manage fire safety issues in new and existing buildings of all types.
- Reporting directly to project managers and directors
- Carry out active and passive fire protection reviews
- Working with external parties providing fire precautions advice ensuring compliance according to UK fire legislation and standards.
- Mentoring junior surveyors.
- Degree in Fire Engineering, Building Surveying, Construction Management or industry related
- 1-2 years experience as a Fire Surveyor, or 2-3 years’ experience as Building Surveyor, or Construction Site Manager with an understanding of building regulations, safety codes including Approved Document B and BS 9999.
- Experience with traditional methods of Building Surveying including Fire Risk Assessments (advantageous)
- Membership of the Institution of Fire Engineers would be an advantage for those already working in a Fire Surveying role.
- Client facing
- Report writing
- Recent UK experience
The role will attract an excellent salary, dependent on experience, with generous holiday entitlement and a good working environment. In addition, my client offers a discretionary bonus scheme, tech scheme, funding of primary professional membership, cycle-to-work scheme and more. Regular internal CPD opportunities offered to support continuous progression plus progress reviews twice per year.