Mechanical Design Engineer - To £50K + Flexible working + Progression
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll initially assist with the design and delivery of a high spec, 100,000 square foot commercial office in London. Once that's done, you'll then get involved in a range of hotel, mixed-use, education and residential projects; which will include both new builds and refurbishment projects.
They allow flexible working times and do support home working and are currently operating a three, two split between working from the office and working from home.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you'll use a range of software such as Hevacomp or IES to carry out Duct sizing/pipe sizing/plant sizing/CWS/HWS/Heating and Chilled water calculations and also assisting with thermal modelling. You'll also use your knowledge of AutoCAD or Revit to check the drawings produced by the CAD / Revit team and use Bluebeam to do mark ups.
Supported by a Chartered Mechanical Associate or Principal Mechanical Engineer, you will act as the Lead Mechanical Engineer on projects.
Key elements of this role will involve;
- Producing calculations, specifications, schedules and approving drawings.
- Leading client and design team meetings.
- Producing Stage 2 reports.
- Developing the detailed design strategy.
- Prepare monthly progress reports.
- Agree any variations or additional fees.
- Overseeing the contractors' installations once the project gets to site.
- Site witnessing of various Mechanical and Electrical tests.
- Approving the Practical completion and identifying any snagging issues prior to handover.
- BSc, BEng, MSc or MEng in Building Services, Energy Engineering or Mechanical Engineering.
- Able to use Hevacomp, IES or TAS.
- Familiar with centralised heating with biomass boilers, CHP, district heating, natural ventilation and on-site renewables such as GSHP, ASHP or Solar Thermal.
- Ideally already registered with the Engineering Council as a Chartered Engineer; or at least have the intention of working towards becoming Chartered over the next two years.
- Familiar with RIBA Stage 2,3 and 4 work packages.
- Familiar with BREEAM, Nabers, LEED or Well.
Job Ref #3047
Please note, this Mechanical Design Engineer opportunity is with a medium sized, Building Services Consultancy based in London who specialise in the design of Electrical, Mechanical (HVAC) and Public Health Services within the Built Environment.