A true people-first company with a very unique culture where people and nature flourish.
Ranked a top 10 consultant in the UK and a top 10 building designer world-wide, this business has 1500 bright minds working across 17 different offices and is recruiting on a wide scale in response to their success.
Working on more than 10,000 building projects each year, they place particular emphasis on their liveable buildings concept where they balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that has no owners or shareholders; and supports and encourages their talent to develop and succeed in an inspiring environment.
Role & Responsibilities
We invite you to bring your expertise, enthusiasm and knowledge of the UK and International Healthcare sector into play as you become an integral member and contribute to the growth of our client’s Hospital Spearhead team.
In your role you will contribute to the delivery of sustainable, zero carbon, innovative and high- quality advisory services and design solutions. To succeed in this role, you must be confident facing clients and have excellent working knowledge for the delivery of Hospital/Healthcare projects as well as their MEP building services installations. Candidates should have MCIBSE or MIHEEM and a thorough understanding of digital design delivery through Revit/BIM 360.
- Support and develop the team of Mechanical Engineers within the Hospitals Spearhead
- Manage your own projects
- Undertake and oversee design work from concept through to detailed design ensuring technical excellence; maintaining outstanding levels of client service at all times
- Act in the capacity of MEP project manager, to allocate resource appropriately and co-ordinate the tasks so all deadlines are met
- Attract talented recruits to grow a skilled, dynamic, efficient and highly regarded Hospitals Spearhead Team
- Liaise and interact with other UK Building Services teams to optimize workload and capacity
- Market our multi-discipline capability via networking, business to business meetings, seminars, thought leadership and general business development
- Manage Key Accounts
- Produce high quality fee proposals
The key deliverables over the first 12-24 months for this role will be:
- Raise the profile and reputation of the business’s Hospitals Spearhead multi-discipline capability in the South
- Develop new opportunities with existing and new clients
- Win and deliver projects profitably and to the satisfaction of the company’s clients
- Enhance and maintain the delivery of sustainable, zero carbon, innovative and high- quality advisory and design services to the company’s clients
Required Skills & Experience
From the moment you join this business, they will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, they believe your starting point is:
- A proven track record for your core discipline and a working knowledge of complimentary disciplines
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Membership of CIBSE / IHEEM / IMechE
- To be a Chartered Engineer or be working towards CEng status
- To have excellent project management skills
- The ability to manage multiple projects of varying size/complexity
- To have an appreciation of project commercial and technical risks
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- The ability to communicate effectively with clients and stakeholders to explain complex technical concepts
- Demonstrate first rate attention to detail and show pride in the work you produce
- A natural leader; able to motivate and inspire confidence both in your peers and clients as well as being able to motivate multidisciplinary teams across geographical borders
- Able to work autonomously on all technical aspects of your discipline and to be able to direct more junior engineers across all disciplines
What you get back
- Hybrid working
- 27 days holiday per year
- Private Medical Insurance
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Greystone’s Advocate Scheme
At Greystone we believe our members are the best advocates of the Greystone Brand and as such we reward their loyalty for continuing to recommend us.
For every member you recommend that we place* you will be rewarded with a £5,000 finders fee.
Whilst an exclusive club, there’s no limit to the number of potential new members you can recommend. The more members we welcome in, the more money you have to spend.
*For Permanent placements the recommendation must be unknown to the club and successfully complete their probationary period set by the client for the full referral fee to be issued.
For Contract placements the recommendation must be unknown to the club and successfully complete 12 weeks work for the full referral fee to be issued.