A true people-first company with a very unique culture where people and nature flourish.
Ranked a top 10 consultant in the UK and a top 10 building designer world-wide, this business has 1500 bright minds working across 17 different offices and is recruiting on a wide scale in response to their success.
Their mission? To create sustainable societies where people and nature flourish. In the UK, their vision is to be the leading sustainable design consultancy, delivering integrated and sustainable solutions that shape today and tomorrow.
Working on more than 10,000 building projects each year, they place particular emphasis on their liveable buildings concept where they balance the cultural, social and physical values of buildings, to improve the quality of life for building users.
This is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic organisation that has no owners or shareholders; and supports and encourages their talent to develop and succeed in an inspiring environment.
Role & Responsibilities
You will be a positive influencer within the UK MEP team, which sits within the wider UK Buildings Team. This business sees building sustainability as one of the most important aspects of what they do. They are working on a number of varied projects from Passivhaus education, net zero carbon commercial and residential to energy studies in Antarctica.
- You will lead MEP and multi-disciplinary buildings projects across a variety of sectors as well as the development of designs to ensure the highest levels of building performance
- You will manage resources and finances on projects to ensure work gets allocated to the appropriate people and delivered to a high standard
- You will be responsible for managing quality, training teams and developing new skills; including broadening the existing parametric design skills and increasing the DfP / NABERS capabilities that already exist within the business
- You will be your client’s ‘go-to’ expert, renowned not only for your skills/expertise to provide solutions to solve their project goals, but also for your ability to advise them on going further with their low energy aspirations
- You will provide ‘thought leadership’ for all aspects of building performance across our Buildings projects
- You will be active within the industry and keep up to speed with current and future legislation, as well as all technical matters relevant to your role
Your key deliverables over the first 12 – 24 months will be:
- Help to develop and promote the company’s multi-discipline capability in the markets in which they operate; and identify opportunities to ensure they remain a leader in sustainability in the built environment
- Raise the company’s profile and reputation within the industry and secure new opportunities to design exciting projects
- You will grow their offer in the building sustainability sphere, increasing their skills and capabilities in modelling, BREEAM, NABERS, LEED, expertise, in a controlled manner.
- Ensure that sustainable design is embedded into everything they do, not seen as an “add on” service
- Work with the wider Sustainability team across the business in the UK and overseas to ensure they share knowledge, best practice and promote development across the whole MEP team
Required Skills & Experience
From the moment you join this business, they will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, they believe your starting point is:
- You are a thought leader who is confident communicating to clients. You are aware of developments in the building sustainability sphere and able to advise on matters surrounding legislation, compliance, technology, market trends, solutions and relevant projects (both within the company and elsewhere)
- You will have a proven background in sustainable design including building performance (essential) and MEP design (desirable)
- Experience in managing and mentoring a team of direct reports
- To hold or be working towards Chartership (CEng or CEnv) with CIBSE, IMechE, IEMA or equivalent approved body
- Proven experience in leading MEP and multi-disciplinary buildings projects (at Associate to Director level)
- Understanding of different procurement and contractual arrangements, as well as financial arrangements for large multi-disciplinary building design projects, including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation (at Associate to Director level)
- Be highly competent at presenting to external Clients
- Have an existing network of clients and contacts
- Be a proven work winner; able to generate leads and respond to bid opportunities
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- You are able to communicate material of a specialist or highly technical nature clearly
- You are a team player and a role model to all colleagues, especially direct reports
- You are able to mentor and develop your team within a supportive and collaborative working environment
What you get back
- Hybrid working
- 27 days holiday per year
- Private Medical Insurance
If you meet the criteria above, send us your CV and portfolio. We receive a large number of applications so if you do not hear back within 7 days consider your application unsuccessful this time. We will keep a copy of your details on file for future vacancies.
Greystone’s Advocate Scheme
At Greystone we believe our members are the best advocates of the Greystone Brand and as such we reward their loyalty for continuing to recommend us.
For every member you recommend that we place* you will be rewarded with a £5,000 finders fee.
Whilst an exclusive club, there’s no limit to the number of potential new members you can recommend. The more members we welcome in, the more money you have to spend.
*For Permanent placements the recommendation must be unknown to the club and successfully complete their probationary period set by the client for the full referral fee to be issued.
For Contract placements the recommendation must be unknown to the club and successfully complete 12 weeks work for the full referral fee to be issued.