Join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They are currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer with building services experience to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential with experience in automotive and clean/dry rooms is desirable.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Associate Director/Senior Engineer, for the internal day-to-day management of small to medium scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector. This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of Mechanical services, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
Building Services Experience required:
- Foul Drainage Above Ground.
- Hot and Cold Water.
- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC).
The role will involve:
- Complete survey work and site inspections.
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling.
- Prepare drawn information.
- Write technical specifications.
- Write technical reports.
- Problem solve, initiate solutions typically identified by Senior Engineer.
- Exhibit active project risk management.
- Input into commercial aspects of projects they are working on.
- Input into ensuring profitability on projects and understand the scope of the brief and budget allocated for their time.
- Manage their own workload and that of Graduate Engineers and Admin staff to meet defined targets and deadlines.
- Support the Senior Management Team with client relationship management on projects they are working on.
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum 5 years building services consultancy experience.
- A degree qualification - Mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Cymap, Autodesk Revit MEP
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).
They are offering an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer" with a view to progression to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Please get in touch if you feel you are suitable for the role.