Mechanical Building Services Engineer (Estates) L'boro - 44 days holiday + 21% pension + flexible working
Your new company
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join one of the UK's leading Universities in their Estates & Facilities team. The department is the largest in the University employing over 700 staff and has a budget of £100m.
The team were recognised as the Top University E&FM team this year by the Association of University Directors of Estates (AUDE). To maintain this top position, we need to recruit the best talent.
They are looking for an 'all round' Mechanical Engineer who has experience in mechanical design, estimating and project delivery / management.
Your new role
- Reporting directly to the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- To undertake the duties of Mechanical Engineer in the preparation of drawings, specifications, site supervision and other associated technical work relating to the planning and execution of minor projects and development works up to the sum of £1m.
- To produce schemes and drawings for mechanical services (HVAC), including design calculations, estimates etc and to update and amend current drawings.
- To manage and supervise contractors working on site when involved from initial design.
- To brief outside consultants on departmental requirements and to monitor the design of both new buildings and alteration works.
- To carry out feasibility studies and condition surveys and reports.
- To carry out any duties within their competence reasonably requested by the Senior Mechanical Engineer.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in new install and planned / preventative maintenance
- Experience with project design, project management, estimating / tendering
- Good knowledge of HVAC systems
- Able to manage labour and sub-contractors
- Design software experience such as AutoCAD / Hevacomp
What you'll get in return
- Up to £43,000 salary
- 37.5 hour week
- 44 days holiday
- 21% pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 1 - 2 days remote working
- Death in service
- BUPA Health Insurance (optional)
- Long Service Awards
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to facilities at discounted rates / Retail discounts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.