Join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They are currently seeking an Intermediate Electrical Engineer with building services experience to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Associate Director/Senior Engineer, for the internal day-to-day management of small to medium scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector.
You will be fast tracked to a Senior engineer and be responsible for overseeing junior engineers.
Building Services Experience required:
- Low Voltage (LV) Distribution.
- General and Emergency Lighting.
- General LV Power.
- Access Control, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intruder Alarms.
- Fire Detection and Alarm.
- Lightning and Surge Protection Systems.
The role will involve:
- Complete survey work and site inspections.
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling.
- Prepare drawn information.
- Write technical specifications.
- Write technical reports.
- Problem solve, initiate solutions typically identified by Senior Engineer.
- Exhibit active project risk management.
- Support the Senior Management Team with client relationship management on projects they are working on.
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum 3 years building services consultancy experience.
- A degree qualification - Electrical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Amtech and Dialux.
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Knowledge of HTMs would also be of benefit.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).
They are offering an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer" with a view to progression to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Please get in touch if you feel you are suitable for the role.