Building Physics Consultant
Up to £45,000
We are currently working with a boutique MEP consultancy in Brighton that bring in some impressive projects despite their size. They are currently looking for a Building Physics consultant that can act as the office authority on projects. You will be the main point of contact for all things sustainability related on projects and will be able to grow with the consultancy, eventually building and managing your own team. This role would suit an ambitious consultant that is looking for the opportunity for growth. Our client are offering an agile way of working and aren't enforcing set office hours. This consultancy would also be willing to help further the right candidates education and expand their skill set by putting them on sustainability courses if they desire to do so.
- Obtain the necessary information both internally and externally from Architects, Quantity Surveyors and Design Consultants for the design to proceed.
- Support the design team and ensure compliance with all Statutory and Regulatory obligations.
- Ensure the Design Team is kept fully informed of all technical and other information necessary for the duration of the project.
- Produce all related design information, ensure that all calculations are prepared and signed off in accordance with the requirements of the IMS, relevant Standards and Codes of Practice and conform to our internal processes and methodology's.
- Undertake advanced IES modelling, including Apache HVAC, Part L, and EPC analysis and Operation Energy Modelling
- Have the ability to prepare clear concise reports and Technical notes to communicate with internal and external clients.
- Untaken quality reviews of all aspects of modelling work.
- Ability to work accurately, independently and efficiently, and to take ownership of projects.
- Be an effective communicator and team worker.
- Be proactive about self-development, ideally being close to achieving Chartered Engineer status.
- Ability to assist in the management of tasks for junior and trainee engineers.
- knowledge of IES, working knowledge of Revit, Window and Thermo software, Python scripting and excel would be an advantage
Building Physics Consultant Requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar role
- Degree educated in mechanical engineering, building services, or similar/related discipline.
- Ideally, a CIBSE EPC and low carbon energy assessment qualification or advance knowledge with a view of gaining accreditation.
- Ability to confidently model in IES
If you'd be interested in finding out more about this role get in touch with Kye Nessling today on 01728 726 125 - Kye @ Conradconsulting.co.uk