Sustainability Engineer £30 to £40K - London
Do you know the difference between Neighbours and Nabers?
The former is a well-known Aussie TV show and the later measures the energy efficiency, water usage, waste management and indoor environment quality of a building and its environmental impact.
Anyway, if you're familiar with One Click LCA, have a genuine passion in helping to create low or zero carbon buildings and have experience in Daylight modelling (using IES); you're going to love working here.
Working closely with the Director of Sustainable design and Environmental Engineering you'll enjoy a fast-paced role. You'll advise clients, developers and investors on Buildings Life-Cycle Assessments, Embodied Carbon, Operational Carbon and help champion Low or Zero Carbon design and see projects from concept to POE's.
Rather than being a small cog in a big wheel, you'll be a big small in a small wheel as this hugely successful start-up is all about becoming better and bigger, not just bigger.
You'll use your holistic understanding of buildings, master planning, building physics and environmental assessments methods (BREEAM, Well, SKA, Greenstar or Nabers) and work closely with the M&E Design Engineers to help design and deliver exemplary buildings.
With a diverse portfolio of projects such as mixed-use, regeneration and major commercial projects ranging from £20 - £100M you will be involved in providing sustainable design solutions at the master planning, pre- planning and concept design stages.
- Must have LCA (Life cycle Analysis / Life Cycle Assessment) experience in estimating embodied carbon.
- Good awareness of environmental design and sustainability strategies.
- Good awareness of BREEAM, LEED and WELL, ideally be a BREEAM New Construction 2018 or 2014 Assessor.
- Experience in producing Daylight modelling using IES and experience producing lighting reports for daylighting.
- Able to use One Click LCA.