Sustainability Consultant (Embodied Carbon / Whole Life Carbon Assessments) To £45K + Package
With a PhD and MSc in Energy and a genuine passion for addressing the Energy Performance Gap, the Director of Sustainability knows a thing or two about Embodied Carbon and Whole Life Carbon Assessments!
They are also a guest lecturer at the AA (Architectural Association School of Architecture) and have actively been contributing to decarbonising the built environment for over two decades.
Reporting to the Director of Sustainability you'll receive ongoing support and mentoring and enjoy a diverse role, as you work on a fascinating range of projects such as masterplans, low energy schools, listed building refurbishment and true, net zero carbon mixed use developments.
As a Sustainability Consultant / Sustainability Engineer you'll assist with the following.
- IES Modelling for both Building Performance Engineering and Part L Compliance
- Embodied Carbon / Whole Life Carbon Assessments
- Providing support and input to the design engineers on how projects can achieve their desired BREEAM, LEED, Passivhaus or Nabers ratings.
- Undertaking R&D activities to continue to drive innovation; and minimise the environmental impact of buildings.
- Undertake R&D into new technologies, software or methods of construction such as prefabricated design or Digital Twin technologies.
You'll also work very closely with the inhouse team of Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health Engineers and the BIM and Revit Technicians, which will allow you to continue to develop your understanding of all elements of the built environment.
You'll enjoy a hybrid working model and the option of working from home up to two days a week and a great benefits package of 25 days leave, 5% pension, private medical insurance, payment of professional memberships and an annual salary review and annual salary increase.
With around 30 individuals based in their London studio, they offer a relaxed and friendly working environment: plenty of autonomy and the opportunity of working directly with (rather than just working for) the Director or Sustainable Design.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree qualified in Building Services Engineering, Architectural Engineering, Energy, or Environmental Engineering.
- Familiar with IESVe (Ideally Apache HVAC) or Hevacomp and One Click LCA or eTool.
- Previous experience undertaking Whole Life-cycle Carbon Assessments as part of the GLAs requirements to support planning applications and WLC requirements.
- Active interest in industry initiatives or events such as LETI or COP26 etc.