Sevenoaks School is currently seeking to appoint a Mechanical and Electrical Project Manager on a one year fixed term contract (Full-time, all year round).
The role will report to the Director of Property and will be an important member of the management team within the Estates Department.
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager that will focus on reviewing the M&E systems and develop compliance and record keeping within the department. They will need to advise on all mechanical and electrical matters whilst developing the efficient management, repair and improvement of the mechanical and electrical systems of all school facilities.
Some of the Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Develop regular and timely maintenance, inspection, testing and servicing M & E programmes within all school facilities, including (this list is not exhaustive):
- Electrical systems
- Fire safety systems
- Emergency lighting
- Lightning protection
- Radio licences
- Mansafe systems
- Ensure that all electrical systems are regularly checked and compliant with the latest electrical safety regulations.
- Monitor the Legionella water safety programme to ensure compliance with latest regulations.
- Prepare specifications and estimates for in-house and contracted M & E works as appropriate, providing information and working with the Estates Supervisor, Surveyors, Consultants and Contractors to find the most cost-effective and efficient solutions.
- Review and evaluate external M & E specifications and tenders in conjunction with relevant colleagues, giving recommendations to the Director of Property.
- Identify and implement practices designed to achieve best quality and value for money, in conjunction with necessary time constraints for M & E aspects within internal and external projects.
- Monitor M & E contractors including reviewing RAMS and DBS checks, CDM regulations, quality of work, induction and adherence to site rules.
- Development of M & E systems, with a commitment to reducing paper-based filing and creating organised accessible databases (including AutoCAD).
- Shared responsibility for and ownership of the Asbestos Management Plan, with lead responsibility for asbestos in M & E areas.
- Dotted line responsibility for two electricians and two plumbers, including supervision, technical assistance and certification of work as appropriate.
- Clear and concise report writing, and documentation as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education to degree level or equivalent desirable, with relevant qualifications and technical knowledge of M & E services.
- Experience of Synapsys or equivalent Trend IQ Vision energy monitoring systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the BMS and Trend IQ Vision systems within School buildings.
- Strong IT skills in the use of Microsoft Office, (particularly Excel) and digital record keeping.
- Experience of developing carbon net zero status within the organisation is desirable.
- Experience of successfully managing the design process, planning and delivery of the M&E aspects of a range of in-house construction or refurbishment projects.
- Excellent organisational abilities with a thorough approach ensuring completion of any initiatives.
- Excellent management skills and experience in change management are essential.
- A positive and can-do attitude with the personal drive to continue with a task until its completion, regardless of any difficulties.
- Ability to work supportively in a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with colleagues of all levels, including professional advisers and contractors.
- Good knowledge and understanding of health and safety legislation and best practice.
- Able to act swiftly and calmly in emergency situations.
For further information and to apply for this role, please use the next link: https://www.sevenoaksschool.org/support-vacancies/
The closing date for applications is 07/11/2021 at 23:59. The School retains the right to interview suitable applicants and appoint before the deadline.
At Sevenoaks School our mission is to ensure that students secure their full potential. We prepare young people for life in a modern, global society and seek to provide every student with excellent role models. Having a diverse staff enhances our school community and we warmly welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
Sevenoaks School is a Covid-19 secure environment. Interviews will be held in person in line with social distancing requirements.
Sevenoaks School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and therefore, the offer of employment is subject to the satisfactory completion of a number of background checks including but not limited to an enhanced DBS check with Children’s Barred list check, the taking up and verification of references and the verification of career history and fitness to undertake the role. Registered Charity No. 1101358.