M&E Delivery Manager - ASAP Start - 6-month rolling contract - MOD - Up to £260 per day
Your new company
Hays Building Services are working with an infrastructure services & engineering company, who work with the Ministry of Defence and currently require a M&E Delivery Manager to join the team.
Your new role
Your main duty will be act as the stakeholder interface on site to the delivery of all M&E contractual outputs and manage Supply Chain to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved within area of responsibility. You will manage multiple low valued projects at the same time - these projects will be mainly PPM, Minor works and/or Refurbishment works. It will be your responsibility to ensure that as the client, the works carried out by contractors are completed in accordance to the scope of works, on time and within budget.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the effective, compliant and timely delivery of maintenance and response works in accordance with statutory legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with all Health and Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Review Risk Assessments and Method Statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard and, where required, act as Method Statement Coordinator to ensure a consistent approach at site.
- Record all tasks against the appropriate assets in the WorkManager system, including work in progress and completed job inspections, and ensure all documentation relating to maintenance and response works is completed, recorded and distributed in a timely manner.
- Ensure, as far as reasonably practical, that all persons on site observe the requirements of JSP 375, work closely with the Mobile Authorised Persons team to ensure compliance and, where required, deliver the requirements for Working at Height and/or Confined Spaces appointments.
- Support end users in the development of new work requirements including the provision of formal Additional Works project submissions.
- Support the Helpdesk in responding to requests for professional and technical advice.
- Coordinate the day to day activities of the site team, monitor the safe working of Skilled Persons, and ensure all operatives follow the requirements for JSP 375.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC, or equivalent in Electrical/ Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience managing multiple low valued projects at one time
- Experience running PPM, minor works and/or refurbishment projects
- Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (e.g. SMSTS)
- Demonstrable experience of managing and supervising staff in Construction, Property Maintenance
- Experience of supervising site operations
- Willing to undergo MOD security clearance
What you'll get in return
- ASAP Start.
- 5 days per week.
- Up to £260 per day (PAYE rate slightly lower).
- Flexible working options available.
- 6-month rolling contract
You will also have a personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.