Mechanical Contracts Manager - 6-month contract - £25-£30 per hour - Local Authority - Nottinghamshire
Your new company
Hays Building Services are working with a Local Authority based in Nottinghamshire who require a Mechanical Contracts Manager to run a servicing contract across their housing stock. Your new role The main purpose of this role is to provide specialist Gas Safety and Water Hygiene Management knowledge, ensuring the statutory and regulatory compliance of the Councils domestic assets and that they consistently fulfil their duty of care towards their tenants.
You will have responsibility for the appointment and direct management of a number of specialist contractors, ensuring that all of the Councils legislative and regulatory requirements are continually met. You will take a proactive approach when managing contractors, ensuring works are done to the required standards and that works are kept within budget and time restraints.
What you'll need to succeed
- Mechanical qualifications - HND/HNC/C&G
- Experience managing Mechanical contractors
- Strong knowledge of Gas & Water compliance
- ACS (CCN1) would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience working with housing stock desirable
What you'll get in return
- ASAP start
- £25 - £30 per hour CIS (PAYE rates slightly lower)
- Working 37 hours per week.
- Business mileage at 45ppm.
- 6 month rolling contract
- Flexible working - Work from home - Current rota 1 day in the office (Monday)
- Work laptop & mobile
During our placement you will have your own personal Hays consultant offering advice and guidance during your placement. Refer a Friend scheme - £250 in vouchers as a thank you. Opportunities to work for the only recruitment agency endorsed by the CIBSE.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.