Associate Civil Engineer job in Newark. Competitive salary, flexible working & comprehensive benefits package.
Your new company
A leading global professional services firm with circa 5000 consultants and service providers, operating in 125 countries across all six continents. They are proud of the quality tailored solutions they provide to their clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and they are confident they can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
Your new role
You will lead an experienced and dynamic Civil Engineering team with agile working practices. Your main duties will include:
- Management of project team resources
- Management of project output technical quality and delivery
- Management of project relationships
- Deliver quality Civil Engineering solutions and designs for infrastructure, highways, commercial and logistics development projects which achieve or exceed the client's expectations
- Provide expert advice and support to the team through extensive engineering technical knowledge
- Develop client contacts to build new works stream and grow the business
- Visiting site and attending site meetings
- Participation in internal project team meetings
- Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members
- Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications.
- Working closely as required with support functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing / Bids
What you'll need to succeed
You hold an HNC or Degree in Civil Engineering, and you are a Chartered Engineer or working towards chartership. You have between 3 - 7 years minimum post qualification experience in leading projects/developing teams. You can demonstrate good written and verbal communication skills and you have the ability to work independently, and lead and supervise others. You have extensive Commercial, logistics and residential sector experience and you are proficient in use of Civils 3D, AutoCAD and Microdrainage software.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced engineer to further your career as you deliver quality engineering solutions and designs for infrastructure, highways, residential and commercial development projects which achieve and exceed client's expectations. This is a key role in the success of the team and business and is a real opportunity to build your career within a progressive business and work on interesting, challenging and flagship projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.