AWE have exciting new opportunities for Electrical Engineers to apply their technical expertise on a variety of projects whilst also enjoying the benefits of a great work life balance that gives you every other Friday off.
Electrical Engineer (Plant & Building Services)
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £33,850 - £45,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement 270 hours a year (inclusive of Bank Holidays) plus every other Friday off
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working within our Facility Engineering team, we are looking to appoint an experienced Electrical Engineer to deliver professional engineering services across our plant and equipment. This will include:
- Applying your expertise in electrical building services and associated plant to deliver engineered solutions
- Fulfilling the role of intelligent customer, ensuring business objectives and requirements of managed engineering solutions or activities are met by internal or external service providers
- Demonstrating adherence to company management system requirements, relevant technical standards and legislation, and business controls
- Applying Maintenance & Reliability Principles; enact as directed by planning, output from Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
- Reviewing relevant metrics and contribute to KPI's and other reporting as required
- Assisting in Reliability Centred Maintenance planning and perform Root Cause Analysis
This role will give you the opportunity to work for one of the area's largest and best employers where you will have the opportunity to develop your expertise, apply your interpersonal skills and make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of our business.
Whilst not considered a check list, we would welcome candidates to apply who have some of the following:
- Knowledge of electrical building services (LV/HV, HVAC, lighting, power, lightning protection, ATEX, UPS etc.)
- A good awareness of relevant legislation and supporting ACOP, and common industry standards
- Experience within the higher hazard / regulated industries (e.g. nuclear, petro-chem, pharma etc. (desirable but not essential)
- Membership of an engineering institution and/or Incorporated Engineer or equivalent (desirable)
- Minimum qualification L4 NQF (HNC) with suitable additional experience
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.