AWE is currently recruiting for a Facility Engineering Manager to manage and oversee a professional engineering delivery team to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,650 - c£50,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience) + Allowances
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year, including Bank Holidays, plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You will be required to:
- Provide leadership to Asset Engineering Solutions teams (Shape our changing future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability)
- Identify and provide necessary talent to deliver Asset Engineering Solutions order book
- Assure engineering solution delivery standards through competence and training
- Provide line and career management for Asset Engineering Solutions team.
- Identification and provision of strategic engineering resource
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Line management/leadership experience (essential)
- Building services with a broad engineering background
- Knowledge of quality engineering (FMEA, RCA, maintenance strategies)
- HNC/HND/Batchelor's Degree preferred
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.