Join a leading multidisciplinary consultancy that provides mechanical and electrical engineering services to a wide range of clients and market sectors. It is an award-winning company that is large enough to provide stability and opportunity, but small enough to recognise its people as individuals.
They are currently seeking a Electrical Design Engineer with building services experience to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
Experience within the commercial/industrial, retail, residential and education sectors are essential with experience in automotive and clean/dry rooms is desirable.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Associate Director/Senior Engineer, for the internal day-to-day management of small to medium scale projects and individual engineering task(s) for numerous schemes for client's cross sector. This will include the creation, development of and finalising engineering design solutions of Electrical services, working with other team members and project teams together with direct liaison with the client and other design team professionals.
Building Services Design Experience required:
- High Voltage (HV) and Low Voltage (LV) Distribution
- General and Emergency Lighting
- General LV Power
- Access Control, Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) and Intruder Alarms
- Fire Detection and Alarm
- Lightning and Surge Protection Systems
- Process Services
The role will involve:
- Complete survey work and site inspections.
- Undertake design calculations using various methods, from hand calculations to software-based modelling.
- Prepare drawn information.
- Write technical specifications.
- Write technical reports.
- Exhibit active project risk management.
- Peer review and check design information prepared by others.
- Manage a project specific team of engineers.
- Manage their own workload to meet defined targets and deadlines.
- Allocate and manage project specific workload of Graduates, Project Engineers and Admin staff.
- Manage commercial aspects of projects they are working on including responsibility for management of project income and costs.
- Manage client relationships on specific projects.
- Look for additional opportunities within existing and new client relationships.
- Take responsibility for their own professional and personal development.
- Input and some responsibility for professional and personal development of team members, staff Performance and Development Reviews and mentoring of staff.
In order to be considered for this role you will have:
- Minimum 4 years building services consultancy design experience.
- A degree qualification - Electrical or building services (Chartered or working towards). An HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered.
- Client interaction skills.
- Software design ideally including Microsoft Office, Amtech, Cymap, Autodesk Revit MEP, National Building Specification (NBS).
- Knowledge of British standards, building regulations documents, etc.
- Professional membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE).
They are offering an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer" with a view to progression to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Please get in touch if you feel you are suitable for the role.