To work effectively as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, you must establish yourself as a key leader in the team through your technical excellence, fully using your leadership and mentoring skills to develop and guide junior engineers and maintain excellent customer relationships. Additionally, you must lead projects to ensure resources are allocated effectively and projects are delivered on time.
You would also be required to report current project progress, matters of interest or concern and any updates to the senior leadership team at regular intervals over the project lifecycle.
As a senior engineer you would be expected to be aware and conversant with the latest editions of the technical standards which apply to MEP design in our various sectors and be capable of communicating the requirements of such standards to our clients and collaborators during meetings or written communications.
Whilst your typical work would see you supported by the wider Clancy team, there would be an expectation at a senior level to be capable of autonomous working and where necessary to lead and deliver the mechanical aspects of projects in full.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver quality designs - complete HVAC & PH package.
- Manage your resource pool to ensure successful outcomes.
- Use communication skills to write good reports.
- Support and manage junior Engineers and Technicians.
- Offer leadership, mentoring and motivation to junior engineers.
- Carry out Professional Development and maintaining records in accordance with CIBSE/IMechE requirements.
- Carry out thorough site investigations, complete inspections, identify issues and solve problems.
- Develop technical specifications for projects delivered.
- Develop technical equipment schedules for projects delivered.
- Support our clients with tender appraisals.
- Review Mechanical Design constraints.
- Confidently communicate and collaborate with team members, clients, and other construction professionals about projects.
- Represent the company at design team meetings with clients and other construction professionals.
- Display commercial acumen in your role, identifying change or opportunities on projects, or through discussion with clients, and follow up either directly or via the senior leadership team.
- Understand the principles of BREEAM and LEED sustainability accreditation schemes.
- Where applicable, support the commissioning process on projects delivered to ensure systems are set up to reflect the design intent.
- Revit, AutoCAD and BIM Environment.
- IES Virtual Environment (Basic knowledge allowing reports to be reviewed).
- Degree Qualified in a relevant field (desirable).
- Chartership with CIBSE, iMechE or another recognised association within the mechanical engineering field.