Mechanical Building Services Engineer - Estates & Facilities - Up to £38 per hour - 10th Jan start date
Your new company
An opportunity has arisen for an interim Mechanical Building Services Engineer to join a University with a phenomenal reputation, within their Estates & Facilities team.
They are looking for an 'all round' Mechanical Engineer who has experience in design, estimating and project delivery / management and compliance. You will be responsible for planned & reactive maintenance projects as well as new installations.
Your new role
- Reporting directly to the Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Preparation of drawings, specifications, site supervision and other associated technical work relating to the planning and execution of minor projects and development works up to the sum of £1m.
- To produce schemes and drawings for mechanical services (HVAC), including design calculations, estimates etc and to update and amend current drawings.
- To manage and supervise contractors working on site when involved from initial design.
- To brief outside consultants on departmental requirements and to monitor the design of both new buildings and alteration works.
- To carry out feasibility studies and condition surveys and reports.
- To carry out any duties within their competence reasonably requested by the Senior Mechanical Engineer.
What you'll need to succeed
- HNC / HND in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in new install and planned / preventative maintenance
- Experience with project design, project management, estimating / tendering
- Good knowledge of HVAC systems
- Able to manage labour and sub-contractors
- Design software experience such as AutoCAD / Hevacomp
What you'll get in return
- Up to £38 per hour (PAYE rates slightly less)
- 37.5 hour week
- 10th January 2022 start date
- 3-month rolling contract
- Flexible working hours
- Predominantly office based but remote working negotiable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.