Senior Mechanical Engineer
Salary £40,000 + substantial pension and benefits
Lichfield, Staffordshire, WS14 9PY
Are you seeking variety, interest and technical challenges to solve problems and develop practical and value for money solutions needed by our armed forces?
This is an exciting role for a self-motivated and dynamic Mechanical Engineer offering a fantastic opportunity to tackle a broad diversity of technical challenges working with customers and industry whether on major projects, maintenance or refurbishment works.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is a technical lead for DIO, leading on Mechanical Infrastructure policy and practice and a key element in providing the MOD’s intelligent client interface to industry.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer, you will be at the forefront of MOD policy, leading on procurement, design, installation, maintenance, inspection and refurbishment of wide-ranging built infrastructure including:
- High Temperature Hot Water
- Medium Temperature Hot Water Boilers and their distribution systems
- Compressed Air Systems
The role will include provision of technical support and advice to MOD/DIO customers requiring professional judgement to provide technical advice and direction, including current and future Facilities Management contracts and capital projects.
About the team
The Mechanical and Fuel Infrastructure team also sets policy and provides safety assurance functions and technical guidance to ensure the MoD discharges its responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974, with regard to safe systems of work.
The work includes investigation of incidents, relating to mechanical equipment defects and failures, and this may require Safety Alerts to be produced.
We are passionate about delivering great things for our customers. But we also know you will have a life outside of work; we respect your priorities and our industry leading flexible working practices will give you real freedom to balance work and life.
We employ talented people who challenge and guide each other. At DIO you will work within a highly capable team who will support you to develop your skills, knowledge and experience.
Some of the many benefits you will receive:
- Professional and Personal Development of skills
- Flexi-time scheme upon completion of 6 months service
- Alternative working practices
- 25 days paid annual leave rising (1 day per year) to 30 days upon completion of 5 years’ service
- In addition to 8 public holidays per year you will also receive leave for HM The Queen’s birthday.
- Minimum of 15 Days Special Leave in a rolling 12-month period for volunteer reserve commitments.
- Special Paid Leave to volunteer up to 6 days a year.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave.
- Highly competitive pension scheme
- Most sites have good travel links with free car parking; many also have other facilities such as a Sports & Social Club, Gym and / or site shops
For further information regarding this vacancy please contact: Matthew.email@example.com
Applications must be made online at https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/index.cgi
Please enter 169139 into the Vacancy Reference field to be taken to the full job advert.
Closing date: 9th December 2021.