I am working alongside an award-winning, professional multi-disciplinary engineering practice with a passion for excellence, innovation and environmental sustainability. Their multi-disciplinary teams work alongside clients and developers.
They are looking for a Building Physicist to join the existing MEP team that provides engineering support to a number of Blue-Chip International Brands.
The successful candidate will be responsible, under the leadership of the Associate Director/Senior Engineer, will be working with both the MEP and Strategic Energy teams to create models using EDSL Tas software and ideally have:
- Three  years' experience in a similar position
- Experience with dynamic simulation modelling using EDSL Tas to assess and report on:
- Building Regulations UK Part L (BRUKL)/Simplified Building Energy Model (SBEM)
- Heating loads
- Cooling loads
- Daylight analysis
- Climate Based Daylight Assessment (CBDA)
- Energy consumption/energy profiling
- Experience with Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) calculations and be and accredited and licensed provider.
- Experience with Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) calculations and be and accredited and licensed provider.
- An appreciation of broader sustainability, such as; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG), sustainability strategy, power supply strategy, renewable energy strategy, Net Zero Carbon (NZC) and associated reporting.
- A good understanding of BREEAM/LEED (preferable).
- A good understanding of AutoCAD 2D (preferable).
- A good understanding of Revit MEP (preferable).
Also, the candidate should be able to:
- Write technical reports.
- Problem solve, initiate solutions typically identified by Senior Engineer.
- Exhibit active project risk management.
- Maintain records and archives to company standards
- Input into commercial aspects of projects they are working on.
- Input into ensuring profitability on projects and understand the scope of the brief and budget allocated for their time.
- Manage their own workload and that of Graduate Engineers and Administration staff to meet defined targets and deadlines.
A self-motivated person will have ample opportunity to improve their knowledge, skills, experience and to work with some of the world's greatest businesses across a wide range of industry sectors. You will be expected to contribute your ideas, add value, play your part and progress in a consultancy that is 'Engineering the Future' TM.
They offer an internal mentoring and training program aimed at developing the individual as well as the "Engineer" with a view to progression to Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
Please get in touch if you are interested in the role.