Do you want to work flexibly? Do you enjoy solving real-life problems and creating a positive impact?
Your new company
A significant provider of water design services. With a growing team of over 100 water designers, working across 9 water design offices throughout the UK, this organisation is continuing to add to their already extensive and impressive list of project awards. They love finding solutions to difficult problems, and they are passionate about using their skills to make an impact, working on high profile projects in the AMP7 and Q&SV regulatory cycle and for key clients such as the Ministry of Defence and HS2.
Your new role
You'll work with UK Water Companies, Authorities and high-profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. You will be responsible for establishing and developing the Structural capability and become a single point of contract for advice and guidance on all structural matters.
Your main duties will include:
- Manage and develop Geotechnical capability
- Deliver a wide range of geotechnical consultancy work and provide technically sound solutions, fully compliant with Eurocode 7, directly in support of the regional design and delivery teams for a variety of Water sector clients
- Promote best Geotechnical practice, drive improved geotechnical awareness and performance, and develop internal geotechnical standards and ways of working
- Scope plan and manage effective ground investigations to facilitate all project design requirements.
- Advise on technical and procedural geotechnical aspects of projects, and provide overall guidance on best methods and practice to meet technical and project requirements
- Develop and manage a select list of external sub-consultants for use where capability and/or capacity requires it
- Liaise with Clients on technical matters and maintain a strong working relationship
- Liaise with stakeholders regarding project matters and provide technical reports, permits, responses to queries etc. as required by the project
- Assess tender and project requirements from a geotechnical perspective and prepare fee estimates for the associated environmental input
- Contribute to the business development process and produce technical content for PQQ and Tenders
- Project administration reporting to line management including monitoring geotechnical design programme delivery, resources, and budgets
What you'll need to succeed
You will hold a Bachelor or Masters' Degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Engineering Geology or Civil Engineering (with strong geotechnical ability and experience). Ideally you are a Chartered Engineer (C.Eng, C.Geol) or have experience equivalent to relevant competency requirements. You will be able to demonstrate significant post-qualification experience in the Geotechnical field and if you have experience in a multi-disciplinary environment this will be advantageous. You are a technical expert in providing geotechnical guidance, support and challenge and you have a broad capability in geotechnical design-earthworks, tunnelling, Water and Wastewater buried and above ground infrastructure.
What you'll get in return
This company values collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of them, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset. You'll be surrounded by people who want you to thrive and embrace new challenges; and you will be given the flexibility to work in a way that suits you. You'll be stretched, but always supported and your hard work will be recognised and your well-being looked after too. You'll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one. Your reward and benefits program will include:
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus
- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Minimum 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Additional Leave Purchase Scheme
- Healthcare, free GP service, dental and childcare vouchers
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.