Senior Mechanical Engineer
Tired of working on packages on projects, rather than having the opportunity of leading all the mechanical elements on a project?
This medium sized firm of MEP Design Engineers has always punched well above their weight with projects, with typical project values ranging between £20M - £50M.
The two founding Directors remain hands on; however, have always encourages and allowed their Senior Engineers to truly lead projects, both from a technical and financial point of view.
Rather than only looking after for example the chilled water, natural ventilation, heating, or air conditioning elements on a project, here you'll lead the whole project, including assisting with the design of hot and cold-water services and the overall sustainability strategy.
Rather than being micromanaged, you'll be given the autonomy to use your own initiative to keep projects moving forward and be trusted to make decisions; and have the full support and backing from the Directors.
Key elements of the role will include.
- Leading projects across the UK and Europe from feasibility stage, through concept design, detailed design, construction and commissioning.
- Producing fee bids for projects and tracking the secured fee versus the number of hours left on a project.
- Project Management and Design Management.
- Checking and approving the HVAC design calculations, specifications and equipment schedules produced by the Junior and Intermediate Engineers or building physicist / thermal modeller.
- Ensuring the projects satisfy the BREEAM, LEED or Nabers requirements or meet the London Plan requirements.
- Design and specification of renewable and low carbon technologies.
- Being the single point of contact for architects, clients, structural engineers and specialist contractors.
- Resolving any technical queries on projects relating to HVAC systems.
- Ensuring all projects comply with Parts G, F and L Building Regulations.
- Minimum of five years' experience (UK) as a Mechanical Design Engineer; with specific experience in HVAC.
- Broad range of project experience including schools, hotels, residential developments, commercial offices or leisure centres.
- Familiar with district heating, air and ground source heat pumps, underfloor heating, electric heating, biomass boilers or natural ventilation.
- Able to use Revit and IES.
- 25 days leave
- Option of working from home 2 days a week.
- Free onsite parking.
- Payment of 1 x professional subscription.
- Annual salary review and increase.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Laptop and mobile phone.
- Business travel costs covered (i.e., mileage to site, train tickets, or client entertainment)
- 4% matched Pension