Do you want unlimited annual leave, the chance to become a Company Director, flexible working? Keep Reading...
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy operating nationally. Their wide ranging experience and expertise offers intelligent structural engineering designs suited for a world driven by technology & interaction. They aim to be an all encompassing business which focuses on producing a forward thinking and precise service. They embrace creativity and new technologies allowing a range of options for their clients.
Your new role
You will oversee the management of the office and assist with the wider business strategy for the organisation. Your role is a client -facing role and will involve interaction with internal and external stake holders. Your main duties will include:
- Identifying new business opportunities, winning work and contributing towards bids.
- Establish, maintain and develop lasting relationships with clients.
- Take a lead role in the technical design team for structural engineering design delivery
- Act as Project/Design Manager ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Supervise and Mentor staff
- Consultation with clients, colleagues and statutory bodies including Building Control, NHBC, Planning Authorities, Highways Authorities, Environment Agency etc.
- Contribute towards the development and success of the Structural Engineering team
- Preparation of reports, structural designs, structural calculations, and structural drawings
- Undertaking project cost control and compiling project invoices
- Plan and manage project resources
- Undertake site visits for inspections and/or site investigation work.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a Chartered Structural Engineer and will have extensive post graduate experience in major structural engineering building projects. You have a proven track record in design delivery with specific experience of steel, reinforced concrete, steel and timber designs from concept to detailed delivery. This position is very much client facing so you will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and you are able to interact with stake holders in a professional and competent manner. You possess natural team leadership and an ability to motivate and encourage others.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary which is complimented by an excellent benefits package which includes unlimited annual leave, flexible working, end of year bonus, pension scheme and the opportunity to become a shareholder in the business.. You will join a friendly team with opportunities to network socially. There is also interesting external networking attendance including the opportunity to join local professional peer to peer clubs. This company has cultivated an experienced, supportive team with a wide range of skills and experiences and your career progression will be fully supported.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.